Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7

We are supposed to get another snow storm here in Alabama again.   Two big snow falls in less than a month is totally unheard of around here.  I went to the grocery store to get a few staples and Wal-Mart was jammed pack of people buying food, candles, laterns, and whatever else, they think they will need for this storm.  Unfortunately around here, it is quite likely that the power will go off so people want to be prepared.  One of my co-workers has gone out tonight to purchasae a generator in case the power goes out.  There are many side roads, dirt roads, and steep hills that could cause a lot of problems for people driving.  About a month ago, we had a hard freeze after it rained and where it would take me 20 minutes to get home it took me about three hours.  I made it two miles from my house when my car slid and finally stopped about three feet from a 10 foot drop off into a creek.  The road was just one sheet of ice.  Thankfully a neighbor finally came by and got my car where I could drive the rest of the way home. 

Anyway, We are expected to get snow Sunday and I've heard predictions from 2 inches to 10 inches of snow.  Either way, it will stop everything, school will be closed for several days depending on the roads and the cold weather because the buses can't drive down some roads when there is ice and snow.  The kids have already missed four days of school from the last snow and that was about 2 inches of snow then so if we get more, they may be off another week.  The down side is that they will have to go to school into June.  Good for me, bad for them :). 

I love taking pics of clouds and I didn't have my camera with me but I had my cell phone so I took a few pics of the darks clouds that were moving earlier today.  They definitely look like snow clouds.  I said all of this to explain my pictures for today.  I hope that we get a significant amount of snow!



No comments:

Post a Comment