Sunday, January 23, 2011

Don't blink - Day 23

In my house, if you are slow, you may miss out.  These came out of the oven less than an hour before this pic was taken and one whole loaf is gone.  In a house with two young men, you have to be quick if you want to eat something.  I mean if I want something, I actually have to hide it.  My mother used to hide food and stuff from us and I thought that she was begin greedy.  I have since learned that if you really want something, you better get it while you can, cause if you blink an eye, it might not be there and then you start thinking that your hallucinating.  Have there been times when your at work or at church or out somewhere and your mouth starts watering over something that you have at home and you can't wait to get home and eat some, only to find out that the two legged rats in your home beat you to it and don't feel the least bit guilty that they didn't leave you any.  Well that is how it is at my house, you got to race to get what you want otherwise it becomes a figment of your imaginaton.

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand what you mean! I hope you got to enjoy some this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. I feel the same way now and my boys are still little! I can only imgaine in a few yrs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look good! I have a teenage son and I know exactly what you mean!

    ReplyDelete